About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Monday, October 3, 2011

WELCOME TO OCTOBER!!!


I am so glad that this month is finally here- the best things happen in October
My birthday
My sister's birthday
Pumpkin Spice Latte's
and of course- my favorite holiday- HALLOWEEN!!!

I have a very exciting month planned:
Going to 2 concerts- St. Vincent and Taking Back Sunday
Haunted Hay Rack Ride
My 2nd Craft Day At My House
Fall Get Together with all of my sisters

And on my blog-
Fun Halloween Projects
My first giveaway!!!
Fun tutorials
And lots more!!!

And to kick off the month, here are of some of my favorite Halloween costumes from me and my sister's family! Some are homemade, some are not, and some are semi-homemade!

Sorry about some of the photos- some are pretty old!


Angel Costume- 2005
I made this dress from a fairy Halloween costume pattern- it is made of yellow silk with a shiny silver overlay. I made the wings from bent clothes hangers, saran wrap, cotton balls, feathers and LOTS of hot glue. They took forever but they are so pretty!!! I bought the halo to go with.


I wish I had better pictures of the dress- it was really pretty and not too difficult to make.


Hello Kitty- 2006
This is an easy costume but I love it. I have a little bit of an obsession with Hello Kitty. I bought plain white cat ears for about $1 and made the bow out of cardboard, fabric, hot glue and a sharpie. I made the buttons out of cardboard, fabric and hot glue and just pinned them on my shirt.


I pulled this one out again for a work costume in 2009- just skipped the face paint!

 
Hello Kitty O' Lantern- told you I had an obsession!


Flashing way back to 2002- my sister made me this dress to be Marilyn, bought a wig and wore my grandmother's faux fur!


In 2009 my sister's family went with the Star Wars theme- too cool!
We have Darth Vader, baby Princess Leia, Queen AmadalaDarth Maul, Yoda, and Young Luke Skywalker. The Luke Skywalker and Queen Amadala were bought  costumes.


My sister sewed this outfit, including the hat for Marley- she is about 9 months old here. And the shocking part is Marley actually left it on all night! My sister is pretty awesome!!


This is my favorite I think- I just love how excited he looks to be dressed up as Yoda! All homemade too (except the lightsaber)!

These aren't homemade costumes but it was too cute to pass up- the little gang of superheroes!!

And just because it is fun- here is my "Vampire Senior Portrait"!! Picnik has some fun effects for Halloween!

Linking up to some of these parties.

Hope your October is off to a good start!!!

Signature 2

9 comments:

Camille Nolan Photography said...

great post! love all the costumes! what are you going to be this year?

Zoe said...

I don't know yet!! I have to figure that out.

Just Jaime said...

Awesome costumes!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

What great costumes!

Thanks for linking up to Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

So cute! Love Baby Leia! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Brave Brooke said...

These are awesome ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Great costumes...so creative and fun!!

Brit said...

These all rock! I am totally thinking about copying the Hello Kitty one, I love it! Ohh, or maybe the Marilyn Monroe one! Thanks for linking up with us, and getting my brain turning ;)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Katalina Jewelry said...

Fun and creative costumes! The feathers on the angel wings may have taken some time but they sure created a heavenly effect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...